Wednesday, August 29, 2012

ILL

To me Fall means a chill in the air, the smell of a charcoal grill, a bloody mary with your breakfast brat, a really good tailgating playlist courtesy of Ryan or Rich Bosch, and Illini football. If you were going to grow up in the Bosch family, you were going to have this family tradition instilled in you. I've loved this time of year since I can remember. And there are pictures, and bad perms, that go way back to show we've been doing this for a long, long time. When you open your front door on that first football Saturday, and it "smells like football", Fall has arrived.  

So, of course, my son will spend many a Saturday tailgating with the family, listening to his Grandpa Bosch & great Uncles argue over the game, the coach, the players, who watered down the field for that Casey game back in HS, and cursing the Illini like we all do. Yes, we know they suck. Maybe we're gluttons for punishment. Most of us are Cubs fans, too. Maybe it's our love for the Chief and the football atmosphere. Whatever it is, it's tradition. I wouldn't have it any other way.


I had someone make this Illini diaper cover and bow tie for me - I couldn't help myself!


And, yes, I'm still pregnant :)  I almost can't believe I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. I am starting to slowly notice some changes - normal stuff. My DR asked if I wanted to be induced this week. I quickly responded "no". I don't want to rush this. He has to come sooner or later, and he will come when he is ready. I spent 8 weeks not doing anything. I'm really enjoying this "Me" time. No need to rush it. It's kind of fun to wonder when the day will be. And if I feel great, might as well keep trucking on.

ILL - INI!!



1 comment:

  1. this is one of my personal favorites. Let's hope by the time he's in school we have a decent team! :)

    ReplyDelete