It has been 1 full week since I've been released from bed rest. I'm so happy that he's still safe and sound, and we've reached 38 weeks! He's pretty much all developed now. My doctor hasn't taken his measurements in awhile, but he's probably close to 7lbs & 20in. He is ready to go in the real world. At my appointment this week my doctor told me I'm 1 - 2 cm dilated. What does that mean? Nothing, really. I can stay this way for a couple of weeks, or I could go into labor. I'll get checked again next week. That will give us a better idea of how I'm progressing......or not. I have this feeling that he is pretty comfy in there, and I'll probably be overdue after all of the stress & bed rest. All that matters is having a healthy baby.
I've played catch up this last week. I got a lot of things done that had been looming over me. I even went back to work. I was a little apprehensive about that, but it hasn't been bad at all. It's so nice to see my coworkers again, and to just get back into a normal routine. I'm pretty wiped by about 1pm, but what 9 month pregnant woman wouldn't be? I actually have come home every day after work and, get this, laid on my couch. My couch, my nemesis. I long for it while I'm at work. Go figure!
I'm going to keep on enjoying these last few weeks/days of me time, and Bryan and me time. Soon there will be an exciting, new chapter in our lives......the 3 of us! EEEEK!
No comments:
Post a Comment