Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another Week Down



Yay! Another week has passed. I had better measurements at my DR appointment this week. And I no longer have to have cervical length checks. My DR said since I will soon start to shorten naturally to prepare for labor, there is no need to continue to check. So now I can live happily in Ignorance is Bliss Land. 3 more weeks of bed rest! I can see the light at the end of the "funnel".

Grandpa & Grandma B & Aunt Barb came over this week. I hadn't seen them since Father's Day, so that was very nice. Grandma & Aunt Barb washed all of the clothes/blankets he got from the Nickel  shower on Sunday. They even did my dishes! I made a pit stop through his room that night to smell all of the Dreft-y clean baby clothes. Ahhh. 














He now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (a cantaloupe), and is almost 18 inches long. He's still gaining weight, and his central nervous system and lungs are continuing to develop. Babies born between 34-37 weeks generally do just as well as term babies if they have no other health problems. They may need just a short time stay in the NICU, but generally they do just fine. In a couple of weeks I won't have to think about that at all. I got to see him again this week. I think my ultrasound tech feels bad for me for all of this, and the fact that I have to go in every week, so she likes to give me sneak peeks. He still had that foot above his head, but he did move it down to his nose by the time she was done. He was puckering his lips, and he has some hair. I won't get a sonogram again (I've definiely gotten more than you're typically supposed to get), so I was glad to get lots of good pictures of him.


And my random craving of the week-

Fruit Loops














No comments:

Post a Comment