Thursday, July 12, 2012

32 Weeks!

Every week is a milestone now.  I'm very happy to have made it to 32 weeks with no problems.  It's been 3 weeks and 3 days since I was put on bed rest.  I was 28, almost 29, weeks when I went on bed rest.  So hitting 32 weeks is definitely very exciting.  I thank God every night before bed for giving him another day. 

My measurements at this week's appointment were a little better than last week.  I'll take it.  My doctor said she will release me from bed rest at 37 weeks, unless I get better and stay better before then.  But since I fluctuate so much, I'm not sure that will happen.  So 5 more weeks.  I can do this.  Most women enjoy staying home with their baby during their maternity leave.  I have a feeling that once he's good to leave the house we're going to be on the go all the time.  I am so sick of my house.  I miss my daily routine.  I miss gardening, cooking, going places, going home.  I even miss cleaning.  Can you believe that?  After the 2 week cleaning spree I had, you'd think I'd never want to clean again.  But only 5 more weeks, right?! 

I'm doing ok.  I feel a little uncomfortable usually, but it's not too bad.  I know it's just from the inactivity.  Once I can start excercising after the baby, I think I'm going to start running again - like Forrest Gump running.  I say that now.  I've watched a few tv series on Netflix.  May I recommend Vampire Diaries!  Man, oh man, am I glad my friend Rachel told me to watch that show.  Who doesn't love hot vampires?  And Boone, from Lost, is one of the hot vampires. Yes, please!  Big Brother starts tonight (and is on 3 days a week!).  And of course we have Breaking Bad starting on Sunday.  I haven't only been watching tv, though.  I've been reading, too.  And I finished the tissue paper pom poms for his room.  I'll post some nursery pics once it's more put together. 

Baby Nickel at 32 Weeks:
He weighs aproximately 3.75 pounds, about the size of a large jicama, and is about 16.7 inches long.  I should start gaining about a pound a week, and roughly half of that goes right to the baby.  I've done pretty well with the weight gain thus far.  I haven't hit the recommended amount.....yet.  He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.  Keep plumping, baby!  He still gets the hiccups a couple of times a day.  I love those parts of the day.  Except for when it's at 11pm, like last night.

Again, thank you to everyone for the prayers, encouragement and thoughtfulness in whatever way it comes.  I'll post an updated picture later.     


No comments:

Post a Comment