Things are going ok. I'm still uncomfortable from inactivity, but I can deal. It's mainly just my hips that really ache from laying on my sides the majority of each day. I've gotten into another Netflix show - Friday Night Lights (love it!). I'm about half way through another book. I'm going to cross-stitch some baby bibs (thanks, Caitlin!). I'm keeping somewhat busy. The weeks are starting to go by a little faster. OH - and I watched hours of A Baby Story the other day and didn't cry once! Progress, people! I try to avoid daytime TLC at all cost, but it sucked me in. Bryan is doing ok, too. He has definitely stepped up, and is taking control of everything. I do feel bad he has to do so much now, but he's handling it well. I know it's hard on him at times, but he is the one to remind me that it's only temporary. He just made me tuna salad and caprese salad. I think I'll keep him. My mom and mother-in-law came over last Saturday to shampoo carpets. That was a big help to me. We got a very nice treat this week, too. My Aunt Donna brought us Tavern fried chicken! It was delicious. I think when I bust out of this joint a dinner at the Tavern will be my first meal. Or maybe Black Dog. Or maybe both. I've been making lists of all of the foods I've been missing, and places I want to eat. Hey-it gets me through the day!
At 33 weeks, baby Nickel weighs a little over 4 pounds (a pineapple) and has passed the 17 inch mark. He is still plumping up. He is sitting very low these days. His head is down, which is good, but he tends to like his feet up by his head. This does not feel good when he stretches out. A lot of women have issues with their babies in their ribs & stomach. My baby likes to kick me low in my hips and pelvis. It doesn't really hurt, it's just awkward feeling. See the most up-to-date picture below. His toes are touching his head. Seriously, child, how is that comfortable?!
| My contortionist baby |
We listen to music some days. Mozart, Zac Brown Band, Moody Blues. Whatever I'm feeling. I'm not sure if he likes the music. He moves around a lot to Zac Brown Band (maybe a sign he's really into country, or he thinks it's terrible like his daddy). Right now we're jamming to some Four Tops radio on Pandora. I think he's groovin' in there :-)
It won't be long now. Keep hanging in there. He's going to be so worth all that you are going through. Trust me.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great! You can take it out on him during the teenage years when he wants to stay out past curfew :)
ReplyDelete