Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Dreaded Words...

Bed rest until further notice, possibly until I deliver. I got those dreaded words yesterday at my doctor appointment. I wish i could remember more of what they told me, but it became a blur. I can't do much of anything except lay, shower, lay, use the bathroom, and lay. I have what is called an incompetent cervix. My cervix has started to funnel, which means it's opening internally and shortening. The weight of the baby and my uterus could make it worse. So that's why I'm on bed rest. I also have to take progesterone to relax my cervix. I go back on Monday to get re-checked. Please pray it's lengthened some. It can revert back to normal, and I can carry him to full term. For now, we have to take it week by week. I used to think every week was going by too fast. Now it seems like forever. It's definitely going to be a long haul. I'm feeling nervous, worried, depressed, bored, and miserable laying here, and it's only day 1. I'm not one to sit still for long periods of time. But I'll do whatever I have to do to keep him in there for a while longer. He's ok, and still moving around a lot. That makes me feel better. I just need to remain positive. Bryan and I are so grateful for the outpouring of love and support. People are being so great. I'm overwhelmed with emotion. Feel free to send me good book suggestions (I have plenty of family members who should not let me down in this category) and movies/tv series to watch. If you get bored and want to come visit, I'll be here. And everyone is getting a scarf for Christmas. I'll fill you in more after my next appointment. Please say your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. FRIEND!! Not what I wanted to read!! I'm so sorry!! I'll be thinking of you & if you need ANYTHING, even just to converse over email, I'm here for ya!! :)

    Thoughts & prayers always love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had a magic carpet, helicopter or hover craft, I'd be there to help you love.

    Try to relax & just enjoy being forced to be lazy because it will be a very long time until you get to do so after the handsome little man arrives.

    Oh and Nip/Tuck and True Blood are my series recommendations =)

    Love you and I am praying for you xo

    ReplyDelete