Thursday, June 7, 2012

Symptoms of Pregnancy

Lately I've been wondering if blondes get pregnancy brain drain worse than others.  Man, do I feel stupid these days.  I have had 3 instances this week alone of either pregnancy brain or just a crazy pregnancy symptom.  Let me elaborate.

~There is this smell in my kitchen that I can't find.  And I am the only one who can smell it.  It has different scents.  Sometimes it smells like a bad floral scent, other times it has a hint of wet dog, and at times it is a mixture of a Frito & a bad floral scent combined.  Anytime I am in my kitchen I am on hands & knees searching for the source.  I have yet to find it.  Everything I smell smells fine.  But I keep getting a whiff of it here and there.  So I have resorted to cleaning every square foot of my kitchen.  It started with removing everything from the counters, and doing a thorough cleaning of the counters/sink/faucet.  When that didn't work, I cleaned under the sink.  When that didn't work, I cleaned out all of the bottom cabinets, under the fridge, and the floors.  I walk in after work today to a whiff of that smell (that only I can smell).  So now I know how I'll be spending my Saturday - cleaning the oven, under the oven, behind the oven, under the fridge, in the fridge, all of the top cabinets, the microwave and the garbage can.  None of these places smell when I smell them, but I refuse to believe I'm crazy - there is a damn smell, and I'll be damned if I don't find it!

~The second thing that happened this week:
I found my wedding ring here:



Where is that you ask?  Let me zoom out.


Oh, it's just the hanging fern on my front porch.  

Let me explain how it got here.  As I was punishing the kitchen with every cleaning supply imaginable yesterday, I decided to take off my ring & bracelet so I wouldn't lose/ruin them.  When the cleaning was getting crazy, I decided I better take my jewelry up to my room.  Before I made it up to my room, I decided it was necessary to take down the hanging fern so I could water it a little bit later.  I get up to my room & put my bracelet away.  Then I proceed to water all my plants, and hose off the front porch.  I get back inside & realize my ring isn't on the counter.  Then I think, "Oh yeah, I took my jewelry upstairs."  I go upstairs to only find my bracelet.  I decide to retrace my steps.  When I go out the front door I remembered how I had practically power washed the porch and siding.  I began to pray we had good insurance on my ring.  Thank goodness it was just chilling in my fern.  

~ And the last thing, and probably the more sad thing, that happened this week: 
I left the most delicious, baked spasagna dish sit out on the counter, ALL NIGHT!  I did it again.  UGH!  It was so delicious, too.  


 

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! I really freaking love you. Like, you just made my Late Night. :) :)

    ReplyDelete