Saturday, June 2, 2012

26 Weeks

I had my 26 week photo session with Laura on Thursday.  


Things have been going pretty well!  I still can't believe I'm at 26 (almost 27 weeks).  Pretty soon I'll be at 30 weeks and will only have 10 more weeks to go.  That kind of makes me nervous.  He's moving around quite a bit throughout the day.  That always makes me happy.  Except for when my bladder is full & it's a fast walk to the bathroom.  My back is starting to hurt.  I can't get comfortable at night.  I heard good things about this pillow called the Snoogle.  It does help at night, but I'm not certain it's going to take away the back ache.  It certainly takes up the whole bed.  I do notice more heartburn after I eat tomato based things.  I've had this problem pre-pregnancy, but now it seems more regular.  I have always been more of a salt tooth, but lately I've been wanting sweets, like ice cream.  Maybe that's to relieve the heartburn.  And I still am loving me some peas.  Bryan went grocery shopping for me today.  I told him to get more peas.  This is what he came back with.  The biggest bag of frozen peas ever.  And it turns out we didn't even need any.  Guess what side we're having with every meal from here to eternity?!  I can't wait! 



So how is baby boy Nickel doing?  At 26 weeks, he weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.  He is the size of an English hothouse cucumber (there you go, Mom, a produce reference).  He's inhaling & exhaling small amounts of the amniotic fluid, and continuing to put on baby fat :-)  I think baby fat is the cutest.  

A couple of weeks ago I came to the realization that my growing baby girth was undeniable.  I can no longer maneuver around my car in the garage when I park a wee bit too close to the wall, and I would have to start wearing more of my maternity shirts.  I am still able to get away with some of my more blousy tops, but not very many of them.  Here's how I came to this realization.  It was a Friday afternoon at work.  I had eaten an unhealthy lunch of McDonald's, so I was already feeling pretty terrible about myself.  I leaned forward in my desk and heard the dreaded sound.....*RIPP*.  I ripped out the sleeve of my shirt!  I felt like Chris Farley in that exact moment.  I started singing "Fat Guy In A Little Coat" over and over.  Thank goodness I had a cardigan at work that day.  But who knows if I had just ripped it more & had been walking around all day with an already started tear in the sleeve.  Embarrassing.  So that is when I realized I have reached the full blown maternity clothing phase.....or at least very blousy tops from now on, or at least Bryan's t-shirts.  

OK, gotta go pee.  Have a good rest of the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment