Tuesday, October 14, 2014

It's the playoffs...

If you didn't know by your Facebook news feed that the Cardinals are in the playoffs, why don't you just come stand outside my front door on game day.  Since you're not actually going to do that, why don't I share with you some of our recent conversations.

Bryan: (bad words uttered)
Me: He's repeating everything you say, so watch your mouth.
Bryan: Well, that's going to be pretty hard to do.
Me: Well, you don't have an option.

Bryan: (pacing)
Me: It's only the 2nd inning, calm down.
Bryan: Baby, you ain't seen nothing yet.  This is what I do.
Me: Gross.

Bryan: (bad words uttered)
Me: Why don't you try saying words like "shoot", and "mother dog" and "frick"
Bryan: Those aren't fun.
Me: Well you're a father now, so there goes your fun.

Text Message Conversation
Me: Will you chop the onion that's in the fridge, I'm sure you're pacing anyway.
Bryan: Oh, I'm furious.
Me: Good, take it out on the onion.

Bryan: (yelling and screaming suddenly, scaring Aaron and I while we eat dinner)
Me: KNOCK IT OFF, YOU'RE RUINING OUR DINNER!
Bryan: QUIT TALKING TO ME!
Me: Then go to the basement!
Bryan: (more muttering and frustrations)
Me: It's not the end of the world, there are still more games to be played.  It wouldn't be fun if they just won all 4 in a row.  My teams don't win anything, so cry me a river.
Aaron: Daddy scary, Daddy no eat it.
Me: Yes, daddy is scary, and no he's not eating his dinner.

Me while typing this blog: Hahahaha
Aaron: What happened?
Me: I just make myself laugh.
Aaron: Ok.

There hasn't been a dull moment.  I find myself snickering often at the things I'm witnessing.  But seriously, calm down.  You've seen your team win the World Series 2 times in the past 8 years. You're good.


GO ROYALS!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Spoken like a true Cubs fan. Hang in there Bryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh out loud. If Aaron starts swearing like a sailor, I'll know why. Hang in there Lindsey. Playoffs will be over soon enough. We'd be just like Bryan if our teams could get past the regular season...sigh...

    ReplyDelete