Thursday, November 6, 2014

We're adding on

As most of you already know, baby #2 is on the way!  We're due 4/10.

Baby's first portrait
(12 weeks)


And let me just say, Aaron is taking this whole Big Bro thing very seriously. 

He never misses an opportunity to be in a picture with his baby brother or sister
(this was 3 weeks ago at 15 weeks)


He is also reading up on all the pregnancy literature out there so he can keep me  and baby healthy

I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow.   I do feel differently this pregnancy.  I was very sick the entire first trimester.  With Aaron I just felt nauseous in the mornings, and if I didn't eat soon enough.  With this little nugget I was nauseous ALL day, and actually getting sick often during the first trimester.  

Everything, and I mean everything, smelled like death - but I also had that with Aaron.  My house smelled of bleach pretty much every day for 3 months.  I was even washing my sheets in bleach.  Bryan was not amused.  I actually cleaned out all of the bleach at Walgreens one day.  I'm not ashamed.  I am now prepared for cold and flu season, as well.  

I'm not as tired as I remember being with Aaron.  I would fall asleep on the couch before 7pm with him.  Now I can stay awake until at least 8pm.  Or maybe it's just that I'm always tired so my body is used to it? 

I haven't had much of an appetite with this pregnancy, either, but that is slowly coming back.  So what if all I want to eat are apples and Mexican food.  Mexican meals for dinner 2 nights in a row is fine by me!

So far things are going well, and going by pretty pretty fast.  I still haven't felt baby move, well at least not to where I can difinitevly say that's what it was.  I've felt a couple of flutters that probably are baby, but I can't be 100% sure.  I'm looking forward to that part of pregnancy again.  That was one thing I really missed once Aaron was born.  It's such a special thing only shared between you and your baby.      

Stay tuned for more baby updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment