Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy Birthday, Amanda!

Yesterday was my dear friend's birthday. I have been friends with this girl for about 10 years now.

Here are 10 of my favorite Amanda memories - 1 for each year we've known each other. Happy Birthday, girl. Hope you enjoy!!

1. The large quantities of Chinese food we used to order after a shift at Carlos. They always thought it was for at least 10 people given the number of forks they supplied. And we always got free Chinese donuts. Amanda always orders chicken and brocolli, hold the brocolli. I always order everything else.

2. The 80s themed party I threw on a Friday night followed by the 90s themed party Amanda threw on a Saturday night in college. Fun times, like totally oh my gah.

3. Terry & Rhonda......our code names we used when guys tried to introduce themselves to us at the bar, and we really were not interested. These names were also said in very manly voices.

4. Speaking of bars.....hustling people in darts. Amanda was way better at this than I was. But we really could whoop some butt in darts. My arm always hurt really bad the next day. People say I throw to hard. I think I'm just too dedicated to winning.

5. Pushing Amanda's car out of 2 feet of snow at midnight so she could make sure she was able to get to work the next day. I really got to witness first hand what burned rubber smelled like, and felt like while flying in your face. That's what friends are for.

6. Dancing our booties off to Push It, Good Vibrations, Regulators, Poison, and any other incredible 90s R&B/Rap tune you could think of when Too White Crew used to come to town.

7. Back Yard Tire Fire - our favorite flannel clad hippie band.

8. Watching Amanda do her 2nd grade dance routine to Another One Bites The Dust....2 years ago. She still remembers every move....forward two, back two, front back to the side and turn.

9. Our annual Thanksmas dinners. We spend all day together one day in between Thanksgiving and Christmas (do you get it now??) and cook copious amounts of breakfast, appetizer and Thanksgiving/Christmas feast food. Then we just eat all day long and watch old shows/movies from our childhood - like Saved By The Bell, Hey Dude & Teen Witch. Love this day.

10. Being there the day Amanda gave birth to her son, Aidan. What a special day, filled with lots of love....and cuss words. Amanda is a great mommy who is raising a very sweet, polite, all boy boy. It has been so much fun watching him grow up. I really can't believe where the past 4 years have gone. Love him.


Love you both. Can't wait to see what the next 10 years has in store.




Happy Birthday,  Terry!!
Love, Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment