1st time eating it - "OMG, what did you just put in my mouth? Poison? It's poison. How could you do this to me?!"
2nd time - "Oh no you didn't just put that crap back in my mouth again. How dare you!"
"Hmmm, wait a second.....maybe it's not so bad..."
"Hey! I think I might like this cereal stuff!"
He better like solids because this mama can't wait to use these hand-made baby food jars.
Thank You, Auntie Caitlin!!
Eating cereal is going pretty well. He doesn't make as many funny faces anymore, which was the part I really enjoyed. We're just feeding it to him at night. I'm trying to figure out a good feeding routine. If I wait until he's too hungry then he just gets mad that it's not instant satisfaction. There's never an exact science to this whole mommy-hood thing - which is good, but then also problematic when you're OCD and want to know how many tablespoons to feed your baby, and at exactly what time, and how often, and for how long, and when do you try something new? I need literature on all of these things! I know my mom is just shaking her head right now as she's reading this. She's probably saying to herself, "how did I keep you alive?" in a sarcastic tone. Am I right, mom?! :-) But in all seriousness, I'm figuring these things out. I'm just a new mom.....who just so happens to be a self-diagnosed Type A/OCD personality. I'm sure with my second child we'll just go right into the bologna sandwiches.

Yes, you are correct. I am shaking my head.
ReplyDelete