Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ash Wednesday





I get nervous taking Aaron to church....will he behave, or will he be in a bad mood and cause others around us to be annoyed? I don't think I have to worry about that anymore. Aaron was so good at Church last Wednesday. He was happy, and talked to everyone around us, and squealed a lot! I guess he really loves going to God's house. He was pooped after all the "singing" he did that he fell asleep on the 4 minute drive home. Love that little cross on his head. 

Lent - 40 days of penance, prayer, almsgiving, Filet-O-Fish Fridays....mmm, lots of Filet-O-Fish! I still haven't really decided on something to give up. Last year it was the "F" word, and I didn't even make it out of the church parking lot on Ash Wednesday before I failed at that one. In my defense, there are TONS of people that go to my church, and the parking lot is just a nightmare to get out of. This year I'm trying to be more understanding and pray more....be more like my Grandpa Bosch, if you will. And to not only limit this to 40 days. Do you have to give something up for Lent? I don't think so. Maybe you can just be a better person, and do more kind deeds for others. And "get to church" more....like Mikey B would say.

Peace be with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment