I think it's safe to say I am in the clear. Doesn't look like I'll be getting put on bed rest this go around!! I couldn't be happier.
At my 24 week cervical length visit they noticed some funneling and shortening of my cervix. This is the exact same time it started happening with Aaron. So they immediately put me on progesterone instead of waiting any longer. My 28 week appointment came and went with no problems. First major milestone because that was when I was put on bed rest with Aaron. And today I had my 30 (almost 31) week appointment, and they are still happy with my measurements. Now it does fluctuate, but it's still within the "ok zone". And today they told me I don't have to get my cervix measured anymore!!! A HUGE milestone for this pregnancy. I'll continue taking my progesterone until 37 weeks when I'm considered full term. I really feel like starting the progesterone early is definitely helping. Well, and maybe the fact that I know what I should/shouldn't be doing while pregnant. I'm sure you recall my neurosis with Aaron's pregnancy.
Now I know this is probably way more information than you ever cared to know about my cervix or any cervix, but it really is a big deal for me. This has been a big stress factor for me since I found out I was pregnant. I knew the possibility of this happening again was 50/50, and I pretty much prepared myself for it to happen again - hence stockpiling food, prepping freezer meals, trying to get the nursery organized early, etc. And now I can enjoy the rest of my pregnancy knowing that I more than likely will not be put on bed rest. Such a huge relief.
Thank you to my friends and family who have been praying for me, sending good vibes, telling me everything is going to be ok, etc. I'd especially like to send a special thank you to my grandpa Bosch who apparently has an "in" with the Holy Spirit. Heck, grandpa knew I was pregnant and knew what I was having before I even did. So thanks, grandpa!
If you've been wondering if I've dropped off the face of the earth since I haven't blogged in a while, this was a big reason why. I have been waiting to get to this point, and hopefully share some good news. And it's also hard to blog when you have a toddler, work all day, and then fall asleep by 8pm each night. AND - I just started a new job almost 3 weeks ago. I'm still with SF, but I (along with 30 or so other people from my previous department) was told I would be moving to this new department to work on new projects focusing on the claims environments. While it is proving to be a bit more stressful, overwhelming and in depth that I thought it would be, I believe this is going to be a great opportunity for me in the long run. I have more responsibilities, and am going to see a couple of projects through from start to finish in a very short period of time. I'll be able to say that I was a part of this major initiative for claims. I just need to make it through...alive.
OK, back to baby. All is well. She's still breech. She moves around a lot, and loves to kick my bladder. She gets the hiccups a few times a day - which is cute, and then becomes a little annoying. Oh, and she has been craving cereal the past couple weeks. Here are a couple of her current favs.
![]() |
| Oreos are better as cereal. |
![]() |
| Is this the largest bag of cereal or what?! I have to store it in the garage. |
And here are a couple of obligatory belly shots from 30 weeks. I'm getting bigger. Things are starting to ache, and it's really annoying to have to walk long distances. But I'll take it, because I'm not laid up on my couch!
Chat with you in another month ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment