I really have been trying to take it easy this pregnancy given my issues with my pregnancy with Aaron. I am trying everything to avoid bed rest this go around. But if for some reason I end up on it, I have taken up a new hobby - stockpiling. I want to be prepared with every day items to make things easier on us. I even have a freezer full of meals just in case. And if I don't have to go on BR (oh please, oh please, oh please!) then I will be happy I have a supply when I'm exhausted and the thought of putting on makeup, doing my hair, brushing my teeth and getting dressed to go run errands makes me want to cry.
The first things I started stockpiling were laundry detergents and other various household items. Whenever something is on sale, and I have coupons, extra bucks, rewards dollars, etc. - time to stock up!
I've also been stocking up on a few baby products and various toiletry items for Bryan and I. I need to start working on my diaper and wipe supply next.
And the last staple to my stockpile, especially in the winter months, is various canned and dry pantry goods. And when Meijer or any other grocery store has 10 for $10, AND you have coupons - time to stock up! Today's trip to Meijer made me skip out of there like a schoolgirl.
Maybe one day I'll get to build a house that has a butler's pantry off the kitchen so I can store and organize this stuff in one place.
This is what I've been up to. I'm no extreme couponer, but maybe one day I'll get there. Well, not extreme because those people are nuts, but getting things at a major savings, or free, is always fun!!

No comments:
Post a Comment