Did you really think my kid would have any other type of party?!
Aaron's first birthday party was celebrated Mickey style. I had a lot of fun making the decorations for this party. But I can't take credit for that adorable sign. Aaron's Aunt Caitlin made that for him. She is so crafty! I'm glad Aaron's grandma Nickel got a picture of him standing next to it!
So what are you waiting for? Come inside for a tour of Aaron's 1st birthday party!!
(decor pics courtesy of Caitlin Lisa....thank you!!)
I have all of these random blocks in Aaron's room that I was so happy to put to use for his party.
Balloon Wreath - takes more balloons than you think, but super cute in the end.
I found these Mickey Mouse colored straws on Etsy, or maybe Amazon....somewhere online.
These were so much fun to make. I just spray painted my terra cotta flower pots, hot glued buttons on them and put a styrofoam ball in the bottom. To make the topper I just spray painted styrofoam balls, pinned them together with floral pins and placed on some chopsticks. Add some shredded paper, or even balloons, and Voila! Homemade centerpieces. (PS: not my idea - thanks, Pinterest!)
I will never attempt to make these again. My mother-in-law and I had the toughest time getting these to turn out. After 1 package of almond bark and 3 packages of candy melts, I got something that was somewhat cute. And after all of that work I didn't even eat one.
Cupcakes & cake courtesy of Walmart believe it or not....and they were very tasty. I thank my cousin, Sarah, for the tip on Walmart cakes. I hate Walmart, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a cake Aaron probably would end up crying at, or refuse to eat. This was perfect!
But he actually LOVED his cake!! Cried when I took it away....well, maybe that was because I dropped it on the floor right in front of him. Whoopsiedoodles!
My baby is now 1. He's technically considered a toddler. WAHHHHHH!!!!!
But he'll always be my baby forever.
Gee, thanks for taking a trip inside Aaron's first birthday party. It was a super fun day! Hope to see ya real soon! OK, I've definitely watched too much Mickey.
Seriously, though, thanks to our family and friends who helped make Aaron's birthday so very special. It was a great day!
TOODLES! Ok, I couldn't resist!











Love the balloon wreath! Such a cute party. I'm impressed. Happy Birthday Aaron!
ReplyDeleteLindsey-
ReplyDeleteYou did such a GREAT job with the party. The decorations and food were perfect! Thanks to Bryan for the delicious Pork! We had such a good time and love you all so much!
Love,
Jill