Wednesday, September 25, 2013

White Castle, Windy City, Wedding

How's that for alliteration? That describes my weekend. We had our friends' wedding this weekend in the Chicago. And this was also my first night away from Aaron. Wine makes everything ok.

Before we got to the city we had to make a stop at White Castle. I think Bryan, myself and my cousin may be the only ones who like White Castle. Most of my co-workers gagged when I was bragging about getting to eat there. Is that not something to brag about?? I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. Those little onions are like flavor crystals exploding in my mouth....and Harold and Kumar would agree.

Once we got to the city, Ryan and Kristen took off for the Cubs game, and Bryan and I relaxed and got ready for the wedding. It was held in a lighting store. Yes, you heard me (or read me) correctly. It was on the roof of a place called Lightology. It was very unique and very pretty. There was even a horse with a lamp shade on its head. I guess you can say it's a horse with bright ideas. I'm hilarious.












































Love this couple.
























The reception was held at ZED451. If you've never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, I highly recommend it. If you've never been to ZED451, I highly HIGHLY recommend it. You can't go wrong with 13 different types of meat served to you on a stick. We ate copious amounts of food...and that was before the meat on a stick course. The meats included moroccan chicken, sausage, crab cake, salmon, blackened catfish, venison, ribeye, duck, and a ton others that I can't remember.

I've known James for about 10 years now. He is the nicest guy and has the best sense of humor. We worked together at Carlos, and he was my alarm clock for one of my very early college courses senior year. He drove by my house on his way to class, and if my car was still in the driveway he would lay on the horn the whole length of the road to make sure I got up and got to class. And even if I didn't get up (don't read that mom and dad), I still really appreciated the effort. What a good friend. Sarah is a good match for him. She is so much fun, and I'm glad I've gotten to know her.

After the reception, 5 of us piled into a Prius and headed to some bar that I'm way too old for. Fog machines, glow sticks and '80s themed bar crawls are not ok. Actually, '80s themed bar crawls are VERY OK, and I plan on having one for my 35th birthday. I stayed up way too late, got up way too early, and paid for it all with a nice little headache come Sunday morning. But I cured it with a foot-long Subway sandwich, large Dunkin Donuts iced coffee, Garrett's popcorn, and a nap as soon as I got home. It was all worth it.

It was a beautiful, intimate wedding and reception, and I couldn't be happier for these two. Congrats, Sarah and James! Thanks for letting us share in your special day!





No comments:

Post a Comment