Last Sunday the whole family travelled down to Bongard, IL to attend mass at Immaculate Conception.....the church I grew up going to, my dad & his family grew up going to, my grandpa grew up going to, my great grandpa went to - you get the idea. I got a history lesson from my grandpa Bosch, and then made him quiz me a couple of times, so hopefully I get all of this right.
Immaculate Conception has been open since 1900 I believe. My grandpa was baptized there, married there, and has been going there for almost 88 years! My family always sat in the 4th row, right in front of grandma and grandpa. This old church will be shutting its doors in a few weeks. It will have mass on occasion, weddings and funerals. Mass was said in honor of my grandparents. Someone joked that if grandma and grandpa could just get their kids and their families to attend every Sunday the doors wouldn't have to close. It was nice for us all to be together for one last mass there.
![]() |
| Renewing their vows |
![]() |
| The newlyweds |
My grandparents, my parents, and 3 sets of aunts and uncles were married at IC. Here is the group shot.
“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.”
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
After church we headed to my grandparents' house in Longview, IL for a cookout, quality family time, damn good Bloody Mary's (thanks gramps!) and some free puppy entertainment. I also got to show Bryan the house where 10 people lived at one time - how they did it, I'll never know.
Thanks to Caitlin & Sarah for capturing these pictures for us!
![]() |
| Charlie |
![]() |
| Harley |
![]() |
| Finn |
![]() |
| And one to end on! |












No comments:
Post a Comment