Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Back to Work

I've done some hard things in my 29 years of life. I'm still 29, right? I moved away from home, I ran a 1/2 marathon, labor ('nuff said right there). But by far the hardest thing I've had to do is leave my child in order to go back to work. 

I went back to work on Monday. The second he was born I knew it would not be easy to leave him. I have cried every day. I'm only working part time until the end of the month, so that helps. And he's been at home with Bryan this week, which makes it way easier to go into work. Next week he starts with the sitter. I think it will be even harder on me then. I took Aaron to meet her yesterday. He did really well. He was happy, told her some stories, and even fell asleep in her arms. I know she's going to do a great job, but I still don't want to take him there. I cried the whole 2 minute drive back to our house. Everyone says it will get easier. When?!

Aaron has been doing so well with Bryan, though. He's been happy and taking good naps. I'm glad that they're getting this time together. And once 4pm hits, I'm running out of work to get home. All I want to do is get in all the cuddle time I can before he goes to bed, and I crash on the couch.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things at work. It's a good thing I enjoy my coworkers, because there have been enough changes since I've been gone to make anyone go mad. I've only worked 2 days this week, and I'm already feeling the stress. I caught myself yelling "STELLA!" at one of my files today. The policyholder's name is Stella, and I am not a fan of her file. I think when you start channeling your inner Brando at work, you're losing it.

We had Aaron's 2 month appointment yesterday. He weighs 11.7 pounds and is 23 inches long. And he is in the 90th percentile for his head circumference. The doctor was very pleased. My baby is plumping up! He was doing pretty good at the DR until the shots. I didn't get a picture of his face during the shots, but it was priceless. He was mad! I felt bad for my buddy, but I couldn't help but laugh. He was fine after it was over.



Happy at the DR























Sleepy boy after shots






















I'm still taking suggestions for good stay-at-home mommy jobs! What if I were a personal grocery shopper?? I love to grocery shop! Aaron and I could totally do that. There has got to be a good market of people who would want/need that service. Or I could make a CD of my lullabies. I come up with a new one every day. Today's jam - "I like big burps and I cannot lie". That would be a huge hit, I'm sure of it!

OK, back to some much needed cuddles.



No comments:

Post a Comment