Here are some of my go to "lullabies":
(sing in whatever sing-song voice you like, or to the beat of a favorite song)
"Push out the poops, push it, push it" (this can easily be sung to the tune of "Pump Up The Jam")
"Somebody's got a poopy diaper, somebody shit their pants"
"Drink your milk, drink drink your milk"
"Burp baby, burp baby....1, 2, 3, 4, Burp baby, burp baby....1, 2, 3. Burp baby, burp baby....1, 2. Burp baby, burp baby....1" (ok, we all know this is to the beat of "Rump Shaker").
Besides my friend, Amanda, who knows all things lullaby (and sings them all quite lovely), who can really say they knew a good amount of lullabies when their first baby was born? Or, if you're not a parent, can you say you know 5-10 lullabies now, including the words?? You do!? So it's just me?
Well I'm glad to report that I did refresh my memory on the more popular lullabies, so I'm ready to add to the songs I sing throughout the day. I'm still in the running for Mom of the Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment