Thursday, September 6, 2012

40 Weeks......WHAT??

I guess all of the praying to Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the apostles and saints to keep him in really did work.  He's clearly in no hurry to go anywhere. Today my due date has come, and almost gone.  I can't believe it. Who would have thought I would go past my due date? Not this girl. But this is better than the alternative.

We are very ready for his arrival. I have run out of things to clean and organize. I'm reorganizing the things I've already organized. I want to start cleaning my cleaning supplies. I've become Danny Tanner.  My point is, I'm ready. Waiting just makes me more anxious.

I'm still feeling pretty good. I have some days where I feel like a crabby, sweaty, waddling, heifer. The walk from my car to my office in this hot weather really makes me pleasant in the morning (major sarcasm here). And I burnt my stomach, yes stomach, on a cookie sheet this week. And, yes, I was wearing a shirt, it just didn't cover my whole stomach. But overall, things aren't too bad.

Since the thought of being 41 weeks pregnant makes me want to cry a little, I made the decision yesterday to be induced if he decides not to come over the weekend. So we're going to be getting induced next Wednesday, 9/12. Sorry, Uncle Tom - I tried for 9/13 but it didn't work out. I'm still holding out hope he'll come this weekend. I mall walked after work today to try to get things moving along. We have a wedding on Saturday. You better believe I'm going to be out on the dance floor doing the YMCA, cupid shuffle, and whatever other typical reception dance there will be. And then I'm going to make Bryan take me to Denny's so I can order hot sauce with a side of castor oil (aka-sausage). I know none of these things are proven to work, but what the heck.

The waiting game continues....




No comments:

Post a Comment