Thursday, September 11, 2014

Month of August

Sorry to all you avid readers.  I have not been on top of this blog.  My apologies.  I know my uncle Riet has been dying to read an entry.  So this one is for him.  It's actually going to be a big recap of August.

At the beginning of August, my cousins and I travelled to Kansas City to take in the sights, eat lots of good food and BBQ, and go to a Royals game.  We had a lot of fun, drank a lot of Moscow Mules, and some of us ate the hottest wings we've ever consumed to the point where we were punished for the remainder of the trip - this was not me.  So here is my photo dump of Kansas City.
We drove through Mark Twain's hometown on the way to KC.  It was...well....a river town. 

But it wasn't all that bad because I found this Santa for 50% off!  He was the highlight of my trip. 

Others weren't as amused with him as I was. 

First Happy Hour once we got there. 

We then waited in line for 45 minutes...

To eat some of the best BBQ EVER - Oklahoma Joe's. 

The next morning we went to an eclectic hole in the wall that was featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. 

That's a smoked salmon eggs benedict wrap - yummy!

We then picked up Jared and had to check out some of the neighborhoods.  We really liked this neighborhood - but I can't remember the name.  

Brothers

Adam and Caitlin arrived, and we checked out another place featured on DDD - Grinders.  

Here is where Bryan punished himself with wings. 


This girl was still having a good time, though!

Poor guy...

We then went back to that neighborhood we liked...

Minus Bryan, who was dying back in the hotel room.  

But he recovered, and was able to meet us back out to close the night down with some Back in Black. 

Saturday's lunch consisted of more BBQ, and the best corn casserole I have ever consumed.  

We then headed to the Royals game.  They have a beautiful park.  

We all had a great time!

Clearly.



Next up - my 31st birthday :)

Cookies over cake for me! 

This guy is always my best gift, though. 


We finished up the month of August by starting Aaron in swim lessons.  He hates it.  It's going to be a very long 7 weeks - well, only 5 more to go!!  Mommy is counting down until it's over.  Isn't that terrible?  But he HATES it.  We'll try again when he's a bit older. 

Pointing for Daddy to save him. 

Begging Mommy to be done. 

Kept it together to shoot some hoops, though.  That's my boy. 


So there you have it.  Some of the things we did in August.  Hope you all had a good summer.  Can't believe it's Fall already, but this is my favorite season so I'm welcoming it with open arms.  Bring on the sweatshirts, pumpkin everything, ham and beans, and mums!




No comments:

Post a Comment