Wednesday, February 8, 2012

-10 Weeks-

I am 10 weeks this week, tomorrow to be exact.  Since they moved my due date back by 1 day my weeks start on Thursdays now.  I wanted to document the belly progression pictures in a fun way.  Alright, let's face it, I got the idea from Pinterest.  My wonderful Mama painted the chalkboard paint on a mirror for me.  Thanks again, Mom!  This is hung in what will be our nursery.  The picture above captures some of what I'm craving, and what I find gross.  The list of gross things is A LOT longer, I just didn't have much room.  You can also see my bloated, preggo belly.  The belly comes and goes.  Today is the first it's really looked like a pregnant belly.  Usually it just looks like I ate a whole pan of Beef House rolls.....and maybe I have!  On a positive note, my nausea has subsided somewhat.  It's not an every day occurrence.  And I only dry heave about once a day!!  Progress, people!  I'm still pretty tired, though.  My DR prescribed an Iron pill for me since I'm anemic.  Hopefully that will help with my fatigue.  I'm looking forward to getting through the next 2 weeks and officially being in the 2nd trimester.  I hear most women start feeling better then.  I am hoping the same happens for me.  


On Friday Grace told me she thinks the baby should be called "Katana" while in utero.  Baby Katana is barely the size of a kumquat - a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom - and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce.  And what exactly is a kumquat??  Katana is swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm (but I won't feel that for awhile).  The vital organs are in place and starting to function, and will continue to develop throughout the pregnancy.  Tiny nails are forming on fingers and toes (which are un-webbed now), and the baby is starting to get some peach fuzz.  Just some fun facts courtesy of Baby Center.  I have a love/hate relationship with this website.  It has wonderful information, but quite frankly it will scare the sh!t out of you, and you will no longer want to eat or drink anything.

Speaking of eating and drinking (ahhh, wine....oh sorry, just daydreaming).....to all of my family members who are participating in the IL Marathon: please include me in the Friday night carb session.  As you can see, pasta and bread are my best friends these days.  And even though I'm not running this year, I think I still need to carb load - for Katana.

Thanks again to all of you who have sent cards, given well wishes, hugs, and words of encouragement and advice.  It means a lot.

Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Awww you look beautiful!! Such a cute idea with the board. Happy to hear you are feeling better, and I'm gonna talk to Adam about coming to see you and Bryan (and baby) soon. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the update and I love that you are calling the baby Katana. I'll have to let Grace know I like the name she picked. Glad you are feeling a bit better. I know it has been rough on you lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I miss you so much!! I'm so excited for you and Bryan, can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete